A special partnership collaboration to deliver
RF, Microwave and Wireless Training Courses
CommTech teamed up with Eastronics and Rohde & Schwarz to collaborate in delivering RF, Microwave and Wireless training courses
The course gives the fundamentals of antenna design which is a critical component in any modern wireless communication and radar systems. The course has three parts: the first part defines the main parameters of antennas and describes the basic radiation mechanism from the single radiator and from arrays. The second part describes main antenna types: wires, arrays, apertures and microstrip. The third part gives an opportunity to learn about measurements and system aspects.
The course is intended for electrical engineers, system engineers and project managers who have some background in radio and communications but not specifically with antennas.
- Power measurements by several detectors (incl. peak, ave. and RMS)
- Sensitivity measurements (for QAM and Pulse signals) with averaging (using varying BV and screens averaging)
- Phase noise measurement of a frequency source
- Measurement of NF (of an amplifier and SSBNF of a mixer)
- Peak-to-Average measurement (PAPR)
- Measurement of third-order intercept point (IP3) and SFDR
- Basic calibration
- Improved calibration (suitable for reject band of filters)
- Measurement of BPF (S-parameters, Phase and delay response)
- Measurement of an Amplifier (AM/AM, AM/PM, 1dB comp., Harmonics)
- Measurement of load mismatch, and perform Single-Stub matching
- Perform a broadband calibration (de-embedding)
- EVM tests
- Measurement of I-Q imbalance and IR (image-rejection)
- BER measurement
- Measurement PAPR of a detailed-QAM-constellation
- Measurement of BW and ACPR
- Measurement of emission mask-compliance for a WCDMA signal without and with an amplifier
Microwave and RF design using Simulation software. Session conducted in a fully equipped computer class and includes practical hands on practicing
A series of thorough and broad hands-on tests accomplished with advanced state-of-the-art laboratory equipment
Spacious classroom, Well equipped, Pleasant atmosphere. Coffee and refreshments , Easy access location, Free parking
CommTech’s lecturers are not only communications professionals but also accomplished instructors, they bring unparalleled expertise and industry experience, combined with exceptional academic excellence.
This is the greatest factor distinguishing CommTech from other training companies.
Prof. Ely Levine
Prof. Ely Levine is a well known expert in antennas and radio engineering. He holds a BSEE and a MSEE degrees in Electrical Engineering from the Technion, Haifa, Israel and PhD in applied physics from the Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel.
Prof. Levine held senior development positions in leading electronics companies (Elta, Elop and others).
He joined Afeka Academic College of Engineering, Tel Aviv in 2006 where he teaches Communications, Antennas, Microwave systems and components, Wireless radio and Radar systems.
He published more than 65 papers and conference proceedings and co-authored two books.